Just a few things you might want to consider:
How often will you meet?
- Weekly (if members can commit to it, this is great but, if it is not possible, that is okay too);
- Every other week;
- Once a month (we recommend you meet at least once a month).
Where will you gather?
- The parish hall (everyone knows where it is);
- One person’s home (this can be a big commitment from someone, but the home creates a great environment of comfort and trust);
- Rotating homes (again, homes are warm, loving places. This option also gives you the chance to see each other in your own space – a great way to build trust).
When will you gather?
- Tuesdays (it is the day dedicated to St. Anne, the mother of Mary and grandmother of Jesus);
- After a Sunday or weekday Mass;
- Over lunch or tea.
How long will you spend together?
- We recommend 1-1½ hours (but feel free to go longer if you like).
What is each person looking for in belonging to the CGA?
- Affirmation and support;
- Comparing the experiences, successes and challenges of Grandparenting;
- Prayer and reflection.